The North Texas Fire Investigators Association once again opens our $1000.00 (one thousand dollars) scholarship that is available to graduating seniors and current full-time college students who are dependents of NTFIA members.
The student chosen for the NTFIA Scholarship will need to show academic achievements, community involvement, exhibit good citizenship, and demonstrate financial need. The scholarship committee will recommend a candidate during the April regular meeting. The award of the scholarship will be approved by a vote during the May meeting. The following is a list of minimum requirements:
1. Must apply before April 30, 2019.
2. Must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
3. Submit a 200-word essay on “Why a College Education Is Important to Me.”
4. Submit three (3) letters of recommendation from community leaders, teachers, employers, or pastors.
5. List activities that you are involved in at school and extracurricular.
6. Must submit NTFIA scholarship application.
7. The student awarded the scholarship will be enrolled in at least 12 semester hours.
8. Application must be returned to NTFIA, 4145 Belt Line, Suite 212326, Addison, TX 75001, Attention: George Malone.